Saturday, August 29, 2015

Classroom reveal! 2015-2016

Hello! I knew when classes started posting would be difficult! I wanted to post my classroom for this year. It's dinosaur theme and it feels inviting! Our overall school theme is "Discovery 'A' New World" and we decided to make it centered around Jurassic Park. All of the teachers have cool name plates in front of the classroom that are Jurassic Park theme. 

 I decided to put up some of my posters and decorations rather than ALL of them like I have done in the past. I felt that with all them up it looks like someone threw up information everywhere. Very messy. I tried my best to make this years walls look organized. I also made vines to give it a bit of a jungle feel.



I also have a biology word wall with QR codes that I created myself. The kids love that it is interactive and it helps them remember the meaning of many of the words. These are the words that the district provided my school, but of course there are many other ones that can be used. You can buy them at my tpt store

This is where the data wall is and where I place information after they take their test! Data driven instruction is a huge part of our classrooms and I like to show the kids how the classroom as a team is doing on their concepts. It sparks a little competition as well between class periods to do better. 



I have labels for each lab station that are Dino themed as well and you can find them on my tpt store! I have 8 lab stations and I have them available in dinosaurs that are colored and those that are black and white.


I made cute cutouts of dinosaurs to place around the room. The kids so far seem to enjoy it and like the simplicity of it. I teach Biology to 2 classes a day and it fits nicely into some of what we are learning. 



I also teach Physical Science and I can't leave those kids out! I have a wall with some educational posters and vocabulary words that they can reference for concepts we focus on.


I am excited for this year! So far it has been a great first week!



No comments:

Post a Comment