Saturday, August 8, 2015

Weekly Summer Link up: Random Act of Kindness


This weeks summer link up is about a random act of kindness. I try my best to be kind to everyone (including animals lol) because you never know what they may be going through. My random act of kindness occurred this past year with one of my students. This girl was my student for 2 years and this was her final year with me. We grew close and it was great to feel like a mentor to her. As a gift to tell her thank you for such a wonderful 2 years as a student, as a friend, and for teaching me many things about myself, I decided to buy her 8th grade dance ticket. She mentioned she was unable to go but wouldn't tell me why. A coworker and I spoke to her parents and mentioned how we had wanted to surprise her with her dance ticket to give her the chance to go and celebrate her last year in the school. She was extremely grateful and excited. She had an amazing time at the dance and made wonderful memories. One of the many reasons being a teacher makes me happy! :) We still keep in touch and I can't wait to see her follow her dreams! 

No comments:

Post a Comment