Saturday, June 27, 2015

Your Inner Fish


Last school year I had the pleasure of teaching high school Honors Biology to our 8th grade students for the first time. I was nervous of course, even though my background is in Biology. This is a course that is tied to a state mandated test so naturally it worried me a bit. 

Evolution is one of those topics that can be difficult to grasp because of the number of misconceptions out there, not to mention having a class of 13 and 14 year old kids trying to understand all the concepts that relate to Evolution. I attended a workshop to help with resources for the course and a veteran teacher of Biology recommended this book to help teach Biology to the students. I decided to include it my personal summer reading and so far the book is great! I am hoping to include the book into my curriculum this year since I will be teaching 2 sections of Honors Biology to our incoming 8th grade class. 


I'll review the book shortly when I finish this summer :) 
Do you have any great books you like to incorporate into your secondary science lessons? I would love to learn about others!

No comments:

Post a Comment